Monday, July 27, 2015

Week 78

7/27/15
Hello Everyone,
First off, next week I may or may not send any emails out...probably
not...haha and this week they will be pretty short for the emails!

I've been thinking a lot about charity this week.

In the scriptures in the Doctrine and Covenants it tells us that light
cleaveth to light, intelligence to intelligence, but charity seeks
not her own. There are many things that we gain from Christ, and
whenever we gain more light or more knowledge or more intelligence, we
seek after people who have the same amount of light. Our spirits can
sense it. Oftentimes we can see that in our own lives. No matter where
we are in the world, we always seem to find friends or people that
have the same standards as us. Whenever I've attended schools I've
always seemed to find people who are seeking to be good people and it
is reflected in their lifestyle. Hence, light cleaveth to light.

However, as previously stated, charity seeks not her own. It's
really easy to be kind to those who are kind to you. It's easy to
serve those who serve you in return, to love those who love you in
return, but that is not true charity. Charity seeks after the people
who are unkind to them, the people who ridicule them, the people who
do not love them. Charity loves them anyway, charity will serve them
anyway, charity will seek them out because charity is not a normal
sort of love, it is a Christ like love.

This love does not come naturally to us and needs to be something that
we are continually striving for because as the scriptures tell us, "if
he have not charity he is nothing; wherefore he must needs have
charity" (Moroni 7). This gift is something to be sought after. In
Christi life his every thought, action, and desire was influenced by
charity.

On my mission I have sought after this gift more avidly than I have in
my whole life. And I have truly seen the fruits come into my
missionary work and Into the way I view people. Charity is a glorious
thing.
Sister Kaliana Quinton

No comments:

Post a Comment